Saturday, September 24, 2011

ice "cream"...

In my attempt to become healthier, I have somehow managed to develop quite the sweet tooth. Yes, I know, it makes no sense and how it happened, I have no idea... but I'm determined to find happy, healthy ways to satisfy this new development!

Tonight, I am proud to say, I have mastered a super duper easy peasy healthy and delicious ice "cream". Yippie!!


Choco-Banana Nut Ice Creaaaaaaam....
  • One frozen banana.
  • One teaspoon organic vanilla extract.
  • One teaspoon almond butter.
  • One to two tablespoons cocoa powder, depending on how chocolately you want it!
  • A splash of almond milk for easy blending.

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend, blend, blend! (You can leave out the almond butter and use rice or hemp milk if nuts are an issue.)

The banana + vanilla + almond milk combo serves as an awesome base for any flavour combinations.

Leave out the cocoa powder, double up the vanilla and add some cinnamon, cardamom and tahini, and you have Vanilla Chai!

Or swap the almond butter for peanut, double it up, and you have Peanut Butter Chocolate!

OR throw in some frozen strawberries (or cherries) for a fruity blend!

Let me know what other delicious flavours you can dream up. :)

Enjoy!!
mxo



No comments:

Post a Comment