Sunday, November 27, 2011

contemplations...

Truth: It's been a very busy November.

Truth: My Move-ember challenge is nearing an end and I can't wait to tell you all about it.


But for now, I want to write to you about another topic.

A few things have happened over the last few days that have got me thinking. They aren't necessarily related, but they have all inspired my next venture.

First, much to my poor husband's dismay, I have been watching a lot of Oprah's Lifeclass recently. After a particularly indulgent, off-kilter weekend, I watched an episode on Sunday that struck a cord. It was all about living your purpose, pursuing your passion, and being the person you were meant to be.

Second, I had a discussion with a colleague today about the validity of wholistic medicine. We disagreed about many things, but there was one point we certainly saw eye to eye on. Most people, we agreed, are not interested in doing the hard work that true health and prevention require. Few of us are truly committed to eating well, exercising our minds and bodies, or learning to deal with stress - the true pillars of health. Most of us just want a quick fix.

Third, I was reminded today just how fleeting life truly is. It is both too long and much too short to waste on things you do not love.

I have been mulling all of this over for the last few days, and it's leading to some deep-seated changes... for now I can deduce the following with certainty:

  1. I am passionate about health, nutrition, fitness, living joyously and helping others do the same.
  2. I want to inspire others to engage in the "hard" work of being happy and healthy, and I want to do so by proving that it's not that hard at all. It begins with me.
  3. Life is both too long and far too short to be anything but happy and healthy.


1 + 2 + 3 = a 21-day happy, healthy be-the-best-Maya-I-can-be "cleanse"... the details of which I will share tomorrow. :)


Bye for now!
mxo







No comments:

Post a Comment