Sunday, May 20, 2012

sunday musings...


I started this beautiful Sunday morning like this:

Almond mylk latte + magazines + deck = perfection.



I stumbled upon a fantastic article by Maggie Gyllenhaal in O Magazine in which the beautiful actress describes her struggles with seeking approval and how she started trusting her own instincts.  

Her aha moment was realizing that trying to be everything to everyone - a great mother, wife, actress - was a sad and futile waste of time. Ultimately, she came to realize (and she admits that it's on ongoing struggle) that, 

"It's all right if others don't approve, because I believe in what I'm doing[...] This is my work. I'm doing the best I can. I know not everyone will love it and that is fine."

So for today, try to be your best self just for yourself, regardless of what others think.

Happy tumbling & stumbling!
mxo


No comments:

Post a Comment