Sunday, December 30, 2012

adding juice...

Today is day four of my juice fest.

My amazing husband got me an amazing new juicer, replacing Old Faithful, without me even having to ask for it! I love him so.

Ta da!


But back to the juice...

For the past few days, I have been adding one big, huge green juice into my daily diet, usually right after my morning lemon water.

Now don't get me wrong, I still follow it up with a coffee, sometimes even with eggnog (albeit it's organic eggnog) and I've been proudly polishing off every last Christmas truffle I can find in the house (there are a lot!)...

The juice is simply my healthy treat for my cells. No drama. No cleanses. Just pure juice love.

It tasted (and looked!) much better than this sad pic...



Here's this morning's juice:
  • Handful of romaine.
  • Handful of kale.
  • Big handful of parsley.
  • Half of a cucumber (peeled as it wasn't organic).
  • One apple.
  • 1 inch piece of ginger.
  • Lemon juice to squeeze on top when it's all done.






To quote one of my favourite ladies, Ms. Kris Carr, "Make juice, not war."

Much love,
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment