Sunday, January 6, 2013

sunday, soup and heart...

Today has been the most lovely of lovely Sundays.

I woke up early, refreshed.
I called my grandma in Poland. I love grandmas.
I drank coffee and read magazines, and lazily got ready for my day.
Hubby and I went errand-running, which I really, really enjoy.
We got everything done super duper quickly.
And then stunk in a round of golf practice at the Golf Dome. 
I kept to my 2013 commitment to drive one way wherever we go (more on this one day soon).
Then I made soup, and the most glorious lunch for tomorrow, and read some more.
After I finish this, I'm heading upstairs to do some yoga (am hooked on www.yogaglo.com)
Then a light dinner, maybe a movie, a bath and an early night.
Joy, joy, and more joy.


Today I made a version of my mom's Sweet Potato Carrot Soup. Yum, yum.

Ingredients:
  • Two big sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
  • Four large carrots, diced (peeled if not organic).
  • About 1 litre of stock or water (enough to cover the veggies).
  • Big pinch of salt.
  • 1 inch piece of ginger, crushed.
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
  • 1-2 tbsp curry powder.
  • 2-4 tbsp tahini.
  • 1/2 can of coconut milk (optional, I just happened to have an open can in the fridge).
  • Garnish: oranges and/ or cilantro. 
Method:
Now, this soup really couldn't be easier. All you need to do is:
  • Dice up the veggies and throw them in a big pot.
  • Cover them in water/ stock and add a pinch of salt.  
  • Bring everything to a boil then cover and simmer until the veggies are tender. 
  • When tender, toss in the garlic, curry, tahini and coconut milk, and any additional salt. 
  • Blend, blend, blend. 
  • DONE!  
And really, you can completely ignore my measurements - just add things in until it tastes perfect to you.
Happy, healthy, soupy love.



Finally, I leave you with my favourite quote from the weekend:



"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."  
Says the tamed fox to the little prince in The Little Prince

The Little Prince and a delicious almond mylk latte. Joy!


Hope you're having a joyous Sunday!

Much love,
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment