Thursday, February 28, 2013

drama & choices...

Truth: I've been struggling recently with a particular situation in my life. I've been resistant to the changes that are occurring. I've felt stuck and helpless (woe is me!). I've created drama and, not surprisingly, I've been a wee bit grumpy - okay, a lot grumpy.


And then I read this, shared by one of my beautiful friends:

There is freedom that comes with awareness. Rather than thinking we are stuck in a repetitive cycle with no escape, we begin to see that we very much play a hand in creating our lives. Whether we are aware of them or not, our behaviors and choices are ours to make.

Madyson Taylor

Sigh... but of course! The situation I'm in is not the cause of my grumpiness. It's not the source of my stress (more on stress very soon). My struggles are caused solely and completely by my resistance to the ebb and flow of life, my shitty 'tude and the way I've been behaving. Crap. I did it to myself.

BUT, here's the power in the realization, the freedom in the awareness: the only thing that needs to change for me to feel differently is me... just me!


It's amazing how much drama we create in our own lives and how much things can change when we change how we look at them... and how we respond to them!

Happy Thursday!
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment