Saturday, March 24, 2012

i'm back!

Holy bananas, batman! It has been awhile!

It's amazing (and scary) how quickly four months can literally fly by. Oh well, all we can do is make the best of today, I suppose. :)


So on that note, I'm back!


I woke up this morning feeling that it's time…

... time to get serious about my health again

... time to get serious about my life again

... time to be less serious

... time to start blogging about all of it!


And I'm ready to share it with the whole wide world (or my one reader... thanks mom!). :)


Here's a little taste of what I'm thinking:


Mondays... Meatless Mondays... recipes, food musing
Tuesdays... Thoughtful Tuesdays... general life musings
Wednesdays... Humpday Wednesdays... something or other
Thursdays... Thrifty Thursdays... reuse, reduce & recycle
Fridays... Fitness Fridays... because I like to work out
Saturday... Sexy Saturdays... more something or others
Sunday... Sunday Sabbath... you won't hear from me!


Something like that.


Today, on our first Sexy Saturday together, I leave with you with my newest obsession: sexy raw maca cookie balls!



Here's my take on the recipe:


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 tsp raw maca powder
  • 1 tbsp organic ground cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup organic dark chocolate (chips, or chop up a bar)
  • 8-10 soft medjol dates, pits removes
  • 1/2 cup raw almonds
  • 1/4 cup dried cherries, gogi berries, prunes, etc.... i am currently obsessed with dried cherries
  • 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract


Method:

Place all ingredients into a high power food processor and blend until small pebbles form. Roll into balls (roll balls in dried coconut if you're feeling extra sassy) and refrigerate. Makes approximately 15 cookie balls.


I tell you, Ms. Joy of Joyous Health is a genius... these puppies are ridiculously delish!


Here we go again!
Happy tumbling and stumbling! :)

xo

P.S. Here's one reason why I haven't been around much:


We went to my brother-in-laws place in Nicaragua (El Coco Loco). You MUST go... like now!

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog too! And am very happy your back! :) Love the variety of blog topics you write about. Maybe you can share some of your fav blogs one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment, ND! My latest post is for you. :)

    ReplyDelete