Tuesday, March 27, 2012

when i grow up, i want to be...

I'm often astonished by the consistency of themes percolating throughout the day - the "coincidences", which I'd like to think aren't coincidences at all but whispers from the universe. What would happen if we listened...


One of the things I've been struggling with recently is the familiar "what do i want to be when i grow up?" For years, I have agonized over the fact that I wasn't born knowing and that I've had to learn my passion through trial and error. I've learned what I do want to do by doing what I've learned I don't want to do.

But recently, with help from the little "whispers", I've realized this:
  1. just knowing what you don't want to do creates room for ideas to flourish... and
  2. most of us actually do know, we're just less sure of how to do it.

When asked what you most desire, there is an answer that comes immediately, if only for a split second before the doubt comes in... before the limitations come in.


I would venture to say that for most of us, it's not about finding out what we want to be when we grow up (or whatever you most desire); it's about working through all of the roadblocks - the logistics and the work, the doubts and fears, the reasons why it's "not possible".


Today, on our
Thoughtful Tuesday, I ask you this:

what do you desire most?
hold on to the very first thing that comes to mind and whatever you do, don't judge it

are you doing it?
if not, why not?

what roadblocks do you need to work through? how can you start?

why isn't it possible?
it is... it might just take some hard work and innovative thinking



Loaded questions, I know... but that's the whole point. :)

Happy tumbling & stumbling!
mxo









No comments:

Post a Comment