Saturday, March 31, 2012

how active are you?

It's Fitness Friday Saturday... oops! :)

I read this article a few days ago and did my calculations..
. and then I nearly had a heart attack.



It appears I sit or lie (translation: am generally inactive) for
almost 90% of my day.


90%!!!
Something tells me our bodies weren't designed for 90% inactivity. Perhaps that's one of the reasons a lot of us have such low energy and ache so much.


But as Oprah always says, once you know, you can't unknow...


... so here's my next 30-day challenge: a minimum of 15% activity per day.


That's only a 5% increase, but that roughly translates to 3.6 hours per day. With a full time job and a third of my time taken up by sleep, I'm going to have to get creative about this!


Stay tuned for updates.


How active are you? I dare you to do the quiz... like now!

Happy t & s!
mxo


No comments:

Post a Comment