Sunday, April 1, 2012

sunday sabbath redo...

It will be Sunday when you read this (or possibly later) but, through the magic of delayed posts, I am writing this on Saturday.

Why? I'd like to redo last week's somewhat failed
Sunday Sabbath. It wasn't a completely failure, but maybe a C... or a C minus.

I did manage to significantly curb my media intake... but when Sunday evening rolled around, I was in comfy pants watching movies on my laptop while checking Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. Alt tab, alt tab.

However, one of the things I stumbled upon in my alt-tabbing, is that there is an
entire community dedicated to this Sunday media-Sabbath idea!



This is great! Tips! Communities! Yay!



So my strategy for tomorrow/ today/ the next technology Sabbath is simple: rather than concentrating so much on what I have to avoid, I'm going to focus on filling my day with fun non-tech things to do!


Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

  • go to a yoga class
  • how about a walk in the park or through your favourite neighbourhood?
  • or a date with a friend?
  • call your mom/ dad/ someone you should probably call more often
  • go to the gym
  • play an April Fools prank on someone
  • iron your clothes for the week (okay, i'm running out of ideas...)

You get the point. :)

Happy tumbling & stumbling!
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment