Saturday, April 21, 2012

courage and coco...


This is what last night looked like:
  • Comfy pants
  • Organic red wine
  • Dark chocolate
  • Charlie (my cat) and I on the couch...
  • Watching We Bought a Zoo.

It was perfect. 

I'll admit, I chose the movie because Matt Damon was in it (he's dreamy), but it ended up being so very sweet and even better, inspiring!

I picked up one very important life lesson from the flick:


"All you need is just 20 seconds of insane courage 
and I promise you, amazing things will happen."


What would life be like if you infused every single day with just 20 seconds of insane courage... :)



It's a rainy spring Saturday in Toronto, perfect for staying home and taking care of some outstanding to dos.

It's also perfect for making coconut protein bliss bites!

Ingredients:
MIA: one date... because I ate it. :)
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup flavoured protein powder (I used vanilla Sunwarrior, my fav)
  • 1/2 cup grated coconut (sulfite-free), reserve half
  • 8-10 soft medjol dates, pits removed
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
  • Optional: 1 tbsp nut butter (if your mixture is dry, you can use some nut butter to help bind everything)

Method:
Place all ingredients (but only half of the coconut) into a food processor and blend until small pebbles form. Roll into balls and roll balls in remaining coconut. Refrigerate. Makes approximately 10-15 bite-sized balls.



Perfectly delicious snack for the mid-afternoon munchies! Enjoy.


Happy Saturday of tumbling & stumbling!
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment