Thursday, December 9, 2010

change...


"Change. Sometimes it sneaks up on you. Sometimes it hits you over the head. And sometimes you turn a corner, only to find you're different in some small way, and the world doesn't look quite like it used to. "
~Being Erica


Yesterday I actually uttered the words, "I love my life". I believe it was actually, "I love my life sooooo much." My yoga practice has been really coming along, I was riding the high of being named employee of the year, I had just had lunch with a lovely friend, a yoga opportunity had presented itself, my wedding plans were coming along nicely, and I was off to meet four amazing ladies for dinner and martinis. I honestly, truly loved my life. And just like that, as though I had jinxed myself, it started to crumble. I went to bed in tears, I woke in tears, I completely and totally stumbled through the beginning of my day wondering if everything I had come to had just fallen away.

Everything about this morning was hard. It was so hard, that I couldn't quite catch my breath. But then something happened, something new and something strange. I bounced back. As I waited for the bus in the cold, almost-dark evening, I realized that no matter what difficulties might come, I have built a core in myself that is unshakable. The crap will come and it will go, but what's inside remains strong and rooted, like a tree. I caught my breath, and immediately got to work on sorting out the difficulties I faced. At least for today, I passed the test.

Here's why I'm sharing this with you: I have only recently reached this point and I did it on my own. Last year, I was a mess and anything small threw me off for days. But I have worked on myself every single day for the past six months, in small but seemingly meaningful ways. Life just feels different now; the world looks different. It's all a choice we can make...

... and action we can take...

... to change.


I hope that you are staying warm!

Namaste,
mxo


P.S. For those of you who watch Being Erica, you will undoubtedly notice the resemblance of my post to last night's episode. I swear, it's completely and entirely coincidental (although I do sometimes think the writers might as well be following me around). I didn't watch the episode until just now... and it gave me chills! :)


1 comment:

  1. I would like to say that I completely agree and think that the writers of Being Erica may follow me around as well. It is a damn fabulous show.

    ReplyDelete