Thursday, December 30, 2010

january: nourishment

Canadian Januarys are typically very tough months. It's cold. It's grey. It's otherwise miserable and there is no relief in sight. As a result, most of us are miserable.


And with this kind of weather, who wouldn't be?

Snapped a few years ago just outside my old house.


I certainly fall victim to the mid-winter blues. It's not the cold that bothers me, but the lack of sunshine (see above). I'm a leo - us lions need our sun. By the end of January, I tend to feel as grey as the sky outside.


But this year is going to be different! I'm going to be proactive! Since I can't make the sun come out and play, and I can't head south just yet, I'll have to find other means to take care of myself. This month is dedicated to just that: nourishment, as a preventive measure to nip the January blues in the bud!

In no particular order, here's what I commit to for January:



... to nourish my body:
  • a 21-day cleanse
  • 30 classes in 30 days
  • spa day

... to nourish my mind:
  • meditate (that's right, it's back on the list)
  • read nourishing things

... to nourish my soul:
  • watch good movies
  • be my own epicure

This might very well be my most hedonistic month, but that's just fine with me! After all, "hedonism" stems from the Greek "Hēdonē (Ἡδονή) ", the Greek name for Volupas, the beautiful goddess of pleasure. There are worse things in life than being a beautiful goddess. ;)


mxo

P.S. I do not recommend googling for images of hedone or volupas... can't say I was prepared for that!

P.P.S. HAPPPPPPPY NEW YEAR!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I typically loathe January - but using the LiteBook has definitely helped with the lack of sunshine. It wasn't cheap ($200, maybe?), but it makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete