Sunday, April 17, 2011

goodbye gluten...


So last weekend Matt and I headed to our usual Sunday shopping spot, and we stumbled into Chapters for some new reading material.

As per usual, I found myself in the nutrition section. This book found itself in my hands:

gluten-free girl by shauna james ahern


Here's why: for almost fifteen years, I have known that gluten and I don't entirely get along. Gluten might as well be glue for my insides. But I love it - breads, pastas, scones... you name it, I love it!

But let's repeat: it doesn't love me. General gluten intolerance symptoms include:
  • Tummy problems - bloating, gas, other ickies.
  • Fatigue.
  • Depression.
  • Headaches.
  • Achy joints.
  • Irritability.
  • Etc...
You name it, I pretty much have it. Fun, fun, fun. So naturally, books like this find their way into my denial-ridden hands.

A big theme of this blog (and soon-to-be website) has been my adventures trying healthy changes, even if I find them challenging. So you guessed it, I'm about to embark on a gluten-free stint.... starting tomorrow! (Today I plan to eat an entire baguette from Mable's).

Why? Because I'm honestly curious if I will notice a huge difference being off the delicious glue.

Only one way to find out. Stay tuned for some gluten-free recipes.

Happy Sunday!
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment