Thursday, January 13, 2011

cleanse - day four... struggles

So they say the last days of your first cleansing week are among the hardest. The first few days of novelty wear off and you start to think, "how much longer do I have to do this?!" And that often leads to, "why bother?"

I woke up this morning craving a toasted bagel with cream cheese. After I finally convinced myself that wasn't a very good idea (victory!), I started craving my old fav - tall, soy, extra hot latte. I struggled with this one all the way to work... but I ended up turning in the right direction after getting off the subway and skipped the Sbucks temptation (victory numero dos!).



This was brekkie instead:


Brown rice bowl with sliced dates, prunes, almonds, apples and pears. Loads of cinnamon and chia seeds on top, and a drizzle of agave (though totally unnecessary with the sweetness of the fruit). Amazingly yum, though I'll admit, the pic doesn't really sell it.



I rode this victorious feeling through lunch and afternoon snacks....

Lunch...

A mishmash of leftovers. Some from last night's dinner, some brown rice pasta, loads of salad and baba ganoush instead of dressing... oh, and a mango for dessert!



Snack...
Orange + almonds and pistachios. Yum!



... and then, after three hours of hot yoga insanity, I headed out for dinner and drinks with a girlfriend. Temptation, temptation, temptation! This particular place even has vegan mac & cheese. BUT, I walked away two hours later having only consumed a vegan caesar salad and a large soda water with two limes... VICCCCCTORYYY! (Sorry, no pics).

What got me through it? What made me choose the right path? It was nothing dramatic really; I just thought it would be nice to actually give this cleanse a chance... and well, I would be very embarrassed to have to report that I fell off the wagon so soon. :)


Good night!
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment