Sunday, January 9, 2011

cleansing...



Good morning! I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful winter Sunday!

I woke up this morning feeling awful - gut rotting, head pounding, and just generally blah. It's your typical hangover after too many weeks of eating and drinking far too much junk. Message received; it's time to cleanse.


So what's a cleanse anyways?

cleanse: clean one's body or parts thereof. to detox.

In my case, it's the insides that I'll be cleansing - all of those organs that have been in high gear for a bit too long.



Why bother cleansing? Here's why:


"Our bodies are automatically detoxing every day... The body has natural physiological detox actions of its own: sweating, urinating and moving bowels for example. But in our modern era of pollutants, heavy metals, computer and cell phone radiations, cigarettes, harsh cleaning solvents, industrial sprays, chemical pesticides, military coordinates, alcohol and more, the human body has become immensely overloaded with various toxicities. Our bodies need a little help every so often."

Thanks Dr. Gillian McKeith! Oh yes, and if survive the first few days, cleansing also makes you feel fantastic - full of energy, light and healthy... etc!


So yes, it's time to help my body out and get rid of some junk. Starting tomorrow morning (I'm obvious about starting things on Mondays), I am embarking on my three-week, "Get the Junk Out, Feel Amazing, Glow and Be Happy & Healthy Cleanse"!


The recipe is incredibly simple (though obviously far harder to execute). For 21 days, until January 31:
  • No animal products (meat, dairy, eggs, etc).
  • No gluten
  • No alcohol
  • No sugar
  • No caffeine
  • Just lots and lots of vegetables, fruit, whole grains, nuts, etc - translation, real food that's good for you.
AND... I'm going to up the ante a little more with one final detail... Every single day of this cleanse, I will post what I ate that day. The logic is two-fold: one) to keep me honest and on track, and two) to inspire you to do your very own cleanse. It's really not that bad (I hope)!

Time to make myself a nice, hearty pasta for dinner as my last hurrah! :)

Have a great week...
mxo

No comments:

Post a Comment